Here is the song I will be looking at:
9 key shots:
1. This is the first screenshot. It is a mid shot and it is important because it introduces us to the first character in the video.
2. This is the second screenshot. It is important because it gives a look at one of the main locations used. It also shows us the other costume that the character uses.
3. This is the third screenshot. It shows the characters makeup and facial expressions. This is important because it contributes to the mood of the video.
4. This is the fourth screenshot. In this scene both male and female characters are sexualised, as they are wearing little clothing. This could also signify that these people are a couple or in love because they are in a bath with lots of rose petals.
5. This is the fifth screenshot. I think this long shot is a powerful part of the video as we can see that there are people on the bus dancing happily and having fun, whereas on the sides of the shot we see people in poverty who aren’t this type of fun. This is a contrasting shot.
6. This is the sixth screenshot. This close up shot is a key part of the film because it shows all of the main characters in one frame.
7. This is the seventh screenshot. Colour is vital aspect in this shot as it signifies happiness. The bright colours of the bus and of the clothing being worn by the characters.
8. This is the eighth screenshot. This long shot shows the woman on the floor dancing and the men on horses. This could be a sign of dominance between the sexes, men being on higher ground – looking like they are in charge.
9. This is the ninth screenshot. This exact shot is used at the start of the video and is now used to close of the song. This shows the element of the opening and the close of the video.